Thank you for your interest in becoming a girls/women’s lacrosse official. We look forward to having you as a member of the Colorado Women’s Lacrosse Officials Association (CWLOA). As an adult official you must be 18 years of age or over and out of high school. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
All adult officials will need to complete the following steps to be certified for the 2024 season:
Step 1: Please renew your US Lacrosse membership annually at https://www.uslacrosse.org/
- New and Returning Adult Officials: registration form
- Pay your CWLOA chapter dues. Adult Fee $60 for Early Bird Rates before 1/2/2024; $75 for LATE Registration starting 1/3/2024
- CHSAA Membership fee is a fee of $10 paid to CWLOA from Official’s doing CHSAA games. This fee is to cover membership dues that CHSAA will bill us for at the end of the season. Note: you will include this when you pay your dues.
Step 4: MARK YOUR CALENDARS for training!
- See our Classroom Training offering here
- Mark your calendars with the event information.
- Annual rules interpretation meeting on Tuesday, January 30th, 2024
- On-Field Play Day will be Saturday, March 2nd, 2024.
These are yearly meetings are required for all officials. If you have questions please contact Bonnie Evers email@example.com
Step 5: Pay your Arbiter fees ($10) and complete your CHSAA background check on Arbiter (Both HS & MS, $10). There are two components to this step.
- Arbiter fees will be collected through Arbiter Colorado Central Hub, account 103372. This will be a separate $10 payment. The Arbiter fees are paid from the official directly into Arbiter. The purpose of the fee is to cover fees associated with using Arbiter as the scheduling site for CHSAA. Note: This is a separate fee from the CHSAA Membership fee above.
- Background checks will be submitted through the Arbiter Colorado Central Hub, account 103372 and must be completed by both HS and MS officials. The cost is now $10. You must have registered with CWLOA and have been added to the Arbiter account in order to gain access to submit your background check. Background checks are good for 3 years. Multi sport CHSAA officials only need to submit one background check which is good for all sports they officiate. link: http://chsaa.
Step 6. Pass the online US Lacrosse rules test. To officiate you must take youth exam to officiate youth, and high school exam to officiate HS- if you will be reffing both you can take the combo test. The test is accessed through your US Lacrosse account and must be taken and passed each year. The tests can be found here https://uslacrosse-nle.
Step 7. Complete the US Lacrosse cultural competency online course. If you have taken this course for any reason in the past, you are not required to retake it. This is a one time requirement. The test can be accessed from this link: https://uslacrosse-nle.